Thursday, June 10, 2010

Collected Adventures

What a day!  At lunch I wandered around the lower east side and found all kinds of fun things.  I poked around in little street shops and went in a thrift store or two and got some mango pinkberry.  Then I found some really cool stuff!  Check it out...

I wonder whose clubhouse this is!


MOO!


Oh man!  Toy heaven!


Three apples high!


Godzilla!!

Toy Tokyo was so cool!  They had all kinds of neat and obscure toys.  Lots of stuff from Japan and lots of blind box series.  I didn't get anything today, but sometime this summer I'm going to find other toy shops like this one and check them all out to see which one is the best.

Back at work I met the playwright Suzan Lori Parks!  She was amazingly nice, very warm and sincere.

And then tonight I went to ANOTHER show.  Man oh man, so many shows!  Tonight I saw Collected Stories and was blown away.  It only had two women in it, and their performances were phenomenal.  The ending was a gut-wrencher.  This tiger isn't embarrassed to tell you he had a tear or two when the lights came back on.

Since it was much nicer weather tonight than last night, I walked around Times Square for a minute before heading home to bed.



So. Excellent.


The bright lights of Broadway beckon...


Oh no!  Stay out of trouble, Pouncer!!




Hershey heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment