Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Whirlwind

No pictures today, gang.  My camera (which is actually my phone right now) has been fussy.  But I had such a great weekend.  I thought you'd like to hear about it anyway.

Saturday I didn't make it to the farmers' market or to the cabaret, but I did go to Chinatown for lunch.  It's like another world in Chinatown.  There was so much interesting stuff that I could have wandered around all day.  I'll be going back soon, don't you worry!  I had dim sum at 27 Sunshine.  The restaurant was hot, hot, hot.  I'm not sure if they had any air conditioning.  If they did, it couldn't compete with the heat outside.  But the dim sum was delicious!  I had pork dumplings, shrimp balls, noodles, fried sweet sesame balls...mmm...  After lunch I waddled around and went into a huge Asian grocery store.  There were all kinds of strange and interesting items, including...live frogs!  Yowza.

Later, after resting my paws, I needed to stock up on some practical items.  (It can't all be fun and games!)  So I took the subway to Lincoln Center and wandered around for a few hours.

Sunday I went to a show downtown called Swallow which was about a drug company manufacturing a love drug to help people fall and/or stay in love.  Cool idea.  Of course shenanigans ensued and lessons were learned.

On Monday, I walked across the park to the Upper East Side.  Central Park is huge and kind of a maze.  I'm going to need to take my time exploring it another day.  The UES was nice.  Park Avenue had really beautiful architecture.  On Lexington I got an assortment of mini-cupcakes from Crumbs.  Mm mm mm!  They're no Muddy's, but dang!  They are tasty!  Then on Madison I found my favorite treats: Red Fire Chocolate Caramel Toffee from Vosges.  It's sweet and creamy and spicy all at once.  This little tiger likes a little kick in his chocolate.

This week is going to be busy, busy!  I am going to see Million Dollar Quartet tomorrow night.  It's about Elvis(!), Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins recording together at Sun Studios in Memphis.  Hopefully I can get some pictures of Times Square for you.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want some photos from the Million Dollar Quartet...I love me some Johnny Cash.

    ReplyDelete