Friday, June 18, 2010

To Market, To Market

To buy a People's Pop!

Today was another one of those days, folks.  I went everywhere and then some until my little paws were tired and my tummy was happy.  First, I went to Union Square to browse the big open air market.  One half of the market was all artisan goods, like t-shirts and screen prints.  The other is all local, mostly organic, food stuffs.  I got a t-shirt, a little present for my mama, and a blueberry pie!

It was crowded!

I like the colorful umbrellas.

I bought a Life Note from this guy.  I'm not supposed to open it until I need a little inspiration.

After wandering around, I had a quick bite to eat at Republic on the square.  Yummy, yummy Thai (-ish) noodles.  I chomped down on them!  Then I felt like a cold sweet treat, so I set off for Chelsea Market to get a People's Pop.  People's Pops are made locally in Brooklyn from fresh local produce.  And they are delicious!  The Market was so cool!  It's full of bakeries, cheese shops, restaurants, produce...you name it.  I'll go back again and again.



Made it easy to find.

Look at that block of ice they shave by hand for their shaved ice.

Mmm...raspberry and basil pop.  Heaven.

Part of the Distinguished Mustache exhibit at the market.  Do you think I need one?

Hey, friends!

This fat tiger got some Fat Witch Brownies.

With my bag full of goodies, I headed up the street a few blocks to two art exhibits.  The first was a collection of Monet's late work.  The paintings were beautiful, but of course no cameras allowed.  The second was this neat interactive collection of social installation art.  I wrote some suggestions for what I would do to improve New York in 50 years.  Suggestion 1: slow the cabs down!  Suggestion 2: weekly neighborhood flash mobs.



That Monet sure can paint.

Some ideas other people have had.

I've got your freshness right here, baby!

Well.  Go on.  Make it happen already.

Here I am presenting my thoughts at the UN Climate Change Conference.

And then, yes and then, I climbed up the longest flight of stairs to walk on the High Line.  The High Line is an old elevated freight train line that has been turned into a wild flower garden and public park.  It is another refreshing green spot in this concrete jungle.



Here's the beginning.

What a view.

Needed a rest in the wilderness.

And that's it.  I went home.  Well.  Okay.  First, I went back to the Chelsea Market and got another People's Pop (pear and ginger).  But THEN I went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment