Friday, June 4, 2010

Boy-oh-boy!  What a busy week!  I'm starting to get comfortable in my office, but I'm still having a hard time remembering everyone's name.  I got a tour of the Public.  They have FIVE theaters and a cabaret bar and the outdoor theater in the park.  That's a lot of theater.  Things there are pretty great.  

I didn't work today, but I sure did a bunch of running around.  First I walked a block or two over to a cute little outdoor farmers' market.  It was smaller than the one I like back home, but the big ones are only open on the weekends.  I'll have to track those down soon.  After the market, I wandered all over the neighborhood.  My poor little pitty-paws were tired and sore when I got home for lunch and a rest.

A little while later I finally made it to the American Museum of Natural History.  It was so cool!  And huge!  I got lost a couple of times.  There were different halls for different cultures, fossils, animal exhibits, space exhibits, and DINOSAURS!  Can you tell what my favorite part was?  (Oh, a little Pouncer tip: they ask for a $16 suggested admission, but that's just a suggestion.  Poor students like me can pay just about whatever they want.)

Here are some pictures of my favorite places in the museum:

Man, this guy is huge!



ROAR!  Pouncer attack!



I want to ride the space car thingy!



This is my favorite dinosaur.



Argh!  He's after me!!

I had so much fun today, but it's not over!  I'm going out with friends to see Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson at the Public Theater.  It's a rock musical about Andrew Jackson.  Sounds super!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't you find your saber-toothed ancestor for a pic so you could tell those Columbia lions to TOP THIS!!!? Maybe you should go visit the lions at 116th and Broadway via the IRT #1 local.

    ReplyDelete