Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sweet Stuff

I made a few stops after work today.  First I went to Macy's at Herald Square.  It was BUSY and CROWDED.  Nothing unusual for New York I suppose.  Then I went to the Upper East Side to meet some friends for dinner and desert at Serendipity 3, the restaurant made famous in the movie Serendipity and is now famous for their frozen hot chocolates.  I got there early, so I made a pit stop in Dylan's Candy Bar.  Man oh man, it was like being at Willy Wonka's factory.  Three stories of every awesome candy goodness you can imagine.  I got some peanut butter cup popcorn.  It's life changing.

Outside of Macy's.

The cool (and slightly scary) old wooden escalator at Macy's.

Dylan's Candy Bar.

It was a colorful, candy-ful, music and happiness extravaganza.

It was difficult narrowing down my selection.  I'll just have to go back...

Wait times were up to an hour and 45 minutes when I got here.  Good thing I had reservations!

They sell quirky stuff in their lobby.

Sharing a frozen hot chocolate with a friend.  It lived up to the hype!

I got to take my friends on their first subway ride after dinner.  I've only been here for six weeks, and already I'm the wise old New Yorker!

No comments:

Post a Comment