Saturday, July 10, 2010

Park It

Yesterday I wandered around part of Central Park.  It. Was. Hot.  In fact, it has been super steamy in the city with record highs.  There's rain today; hopefully that will cut some of the heat out of the air for a little bit.

The reservoir; look at the skyline!

Romeo and Juliet outside of the Delacorte Theater.

The Great Lawn.  It's great.



Belvedere Castle from far away.

From up close.

And the view from it.

I dunno which Polish king this is, but he means business with those swords!

After cooling off and cleaning up, I went to a small independently produced play last night.  It was called Staying Afloat and was about two women and a polar bear stranded in the ocean on a floating ice block.  It was interesting.

I have found that now that I've been in the city for a month I am frequenting the same places and taking the same routes everyday.  I definitely have a routine down pat.  I try to get out to a new place or two every weekend, but I thought you might like to see what average days are like for me?  So I'll start posting pictures of my favorite markets and bodegas, the subway, the truck where I get coffee for breakfast and the one with dumplings for lunch.  And I love to go to Union Square and Chelsea Market.  I'll find somewhere fun to go tomorrow and Monday.  Today is kind of rainy and yuck, so I'll knock out my laundry and grocery shopping.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment