Sunday, July 11, 2010

Do You Sea What I Sea?

Yesterday there was a break in the sprinkles so instead of laundry, I went exploring!  I wandered down to the South Street Seaport.  It's full of restaurants and shops, and you can walk out on Pier 17 to see the water taxis and sailboats.  There's a beautiful view of Brooklyn from the Pier.  After that I went to watch roller derby!  The Gotham City Roller Girls are tough ladies, and the bout between the Brooklyn Bombshells and the Queens of Pain was hard fought.  The Queens' Suzy Hotrod is AMAZING.  Best jammer I've seen.  It helps that her pack had her back the entire time and helped create holes for her to fight through.  What a great day!

I want to play!

Ew ew ew ew!

Long line of restaurants and shops.

Lots of beautiful sailboats.

Inside is a huge mall.  Outside are restaurants that overlook the water.

I walked across that bridge!

Nothing like sand between your toes while you enjoy a hot dog!

A nice view of Brooklyn.

Anything you want to eat...they have a truck for that!

DERBY!  See #55 down there?  That's Suzy Hotrod.  She's my new hero.

The sold out crowd filing in during warm-ups.

There's Suzy!


No comments:

Post a Comment