Monday, August 2, 2010

It's a not-so-small world...

This weekend I went into Queens to go to the Queens Museum of Art.  This museum is at the 1964 site of the World's Fair and the Unisphere.  I didn't think the Unishpere would be that cool, but I have to admit I was awe struck.  Inside, the museum houses a painstakingly detailed Panorama of New York City, including all five boroughs.  What was really cool about this was eavesdropping on people explaining to each other where they lived and where different things were on this perfect scale model.  Later in the weekend I went to a street fair on the Upper West Side.  There were cool vendors and not so cool vendors and food galore.  It was such a beautiful weekend, with a brief relief from the heat, and mostly I spent time just sitting outside with a book people watching.

A proper New York breakfast before some proper New York site seeing.




Looking down the length of Manhattan on the Panorama.




No comments:

Post a Comment